Thursday, October 25, 2007

I got someone you need to meet...

As a single man that is a phrase that has not unusual for me to hear when I speak at a new place or visit somewhere. It is usually the older ladies that tell you "I got someone you need to meet." This is in reference to either a family member or a close younger friend from church. However, so far those people I need to meet hasn't worked out for me. I want us to think though of our spiritual aspect of this.

I wonder if we feel the same way about our spiritual relationship. Do we spread the word about our spiritual fiance? Christ is the husband of the church. Ephesians 5:22-33 Paul references husbands treating wives with respect and love as Christ treats the church. It is by this reference and the implications in this passage that show that the church is the bride of Christ. Then in Revelation 19 there is the wedding feast. A reference to the coming time when Christ will take his church, wife, home to that wonderful place of heaven.

As Christians, we should live our life in a way that we are anxious and wanting to show the world our loved one or fiance. As we go through life are we telling people about our husband? If not then why not? We must go out and tell the world about our spouse. So I just wanted to give some words to think about and lets make sure we go out and tell those around us about our great spouse.

P.S. If you know any females that I need to meet be sure to send the my way. :-)

God Bless in All Things

No comments: